Sunday, November 25, 2007

What a Crazy Week!

This has been a very hard week. Some family things came up earlier in the week in which I got into a yelling match with my dad, my husband, and my sister on Tuesday night, and then again with my dad on Wednesday night. My dad hasn't yelled at me like that in....years. I cried so much this week, I don't even know if I have any tears left. It's too hard and too long of a story to write in here and I don't want to relive it, so sorry about the lack of detail there.
Thanksgiving morning I woke up and we made our very first Thanksgiving dinner ever! Today was much better than the previous few days because we got everything out in the open and agreed that it wouldn't "ruin" Thanksgiving day. When my dad came upstairs he gave me a big hug and asked if I was OK....I truly was! I just wanted to move on from our major disagreement and have a good weekend because I was going to be off for 4.5 days from work!
So I was on my feet for about 3 hours and my back really, really hurt after that! But we made the turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, chocolate pie, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Just a regular Walsh family dinner for only 3 people! My dad even complimented our Turkey Skills because although it was a bit dry, it was still tender and falling off the bone...yay, us!
Friday I drove up to O'Fallon to hang out with my scrap pal Tiffany...I thought my family was crazy big! But they were all really nice and although they had some family things going on, they were very welcoming! We made a few junk journals and just hung out for most of the afternoon. I had a baaaad headache for most of Friday, and I think it's because I was so tired....Luna has been sick this week a lot and she wakes me up in the middle of the night throwing up...I was just tired! When I got home I studied a bit more and watched some TV with David, something we haven't done in quite awhile....just SIT down without a computer in front of either of us! Then I pulled out some of my scrap stuff and put it into my new AMM tote that I got for $25 at For Keeps Sake that morning...I've been wanting one for awhile and I bought it for a great deal, my ONLY purchase for myself the day after Thanksgiving!
I didn't go shopping this weekend for a few reasons:
~I despise those crowds.
~I don't have money to spend...we're in between paychecks : (
~I have way too many "events" coming up that I need money for.
~I'll go next month when I have more $ because we have 8 closings so far in December!

So instead of spending money, I baked A LOT for whatever event we were working on..first I had my work party, then Thanksgiving, and yesterday my family threw my aunt a surprise 70th birthday party that we made a TON of food for! David made bacon-ranch dip and spinach-artichoke dips, and I made marshmallow fudge bars, fudge, and cinnamon-pumpkin dessert. I also cut up some bread and pita pockets for the dips, and we took a veggie tray. whew! I think we took the most food of anyone, but our stuff is usually a big hit! We all had a great time at her party and she was SO surprised! I got to see my cousin and his forever-fiancee (they are not really set on getting married, I think they're kinda like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell!) which I always love! And I went with my uncle's girlfriend to her house that's like 5 mins away from my aunt's house and it is ADORABLE!!! She has a little cottage in the woods and when you walk in it's like something out of Laura Ingalls Wilder....homey, antique-y, rustic.....I LOVED it so much! I almost cried when she was telling me some of the stuff and it's just like the kind of house I want someday...the kind of home I want someday....I just love her to death. She is quickly becoming the most favorite girlfriend Uncle Pat has ever had! I thought she was all girly like me, I expected to walk into a bachelorette pad but it was the complete opposite and I loved it!

Then we left around 6:30 because, as Mizzou grads, we had to get home and watch the game! I could really care less about football (I'd rather get crafty!) but this game had even me stressing out! I finished my practice test and watched Nip/Tuck after WE WON and then I went to bed. So today I'm going to study, relax, study, maybe watch a movie, study, and then watch my Sunday night TV shows...and I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow, study some more, then go take my test!

So wish me luck! I'm going to need it, since this is the 3rd time I'm taking the national test!

No comments: