Sunday, November 4, 2007

What I did this weekend...crafty!

1. Yesterday I attended a class in which we made a "12 Days of Christmas" box with a tag book for the inside. You can see a picture of what I made (it looks almost like the one here):
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi8h1AbLYQJLQk6hyphenhyphenktdfkys0GhHjk4QDXlDUTFNx84yUlMnae0VicEn92FfEGoNuK4C4fIm-hCPtaX1ZpfpPusH_lHuOnR7HTLdxSwQJtRi2CNj7f_Z3hpSEbTeJ8ylicIXXdiFVWdeAdG/s1600-h/12days.jpg\

I'm giving it to David's grandma for Christmas.

It looks so much better in person...it was a lot of fun and I am so happy that I finally got to create something outside of the house because I haven't taken a class in almost 3 months AND I've been studying like crazy!

2. This is a picture of next week's class (or something like it): a junk journal!
http://forkeepssake.typepad.com/photos/missys_classes/img_4177.html

The one we are making is not exactly like this one, but it is pretty close! I am going to base my journal around our 3rd year of marriage, and the "scrapping" and "junk" part will consist of pictures from our weddings in Vegas and in STL because I think this will be much more my style rather than a "traditional" album because we did not have a traditional wedding/s!

3. I am going to sign up for another Christmas class, where you have a mini book inside a box. So pretty!

4. I finished my LB KOTM from September, the travel journal album...I added a lot to it, a bunch of travel stuff I already had and I LOVE it! So cute, interactive (which is my scrapping "trademark"!) and I want to take a trip now! I love it because I made it keeping in mind what I get when I travel...I keep everything, and now I have a place to put it all, and scrap my pics right away!

5. I am kind of in love with the Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" Christmas line...I saw it the other day at the store and had to have some! I'm not really a person who pays attention to lines and names and such, but I know it and I love it! Two other lines I ADORE are from Luxe Designs and Urban Lily...Luxe is kinda sexy (for paper!) and Urban Lily is very beachy, Hawaiian, so pretty, so relaxing!

6. I made my father-in-law a Harley Davidson album! One of the hardest things I've had to do because a) we barely see him, b) I have no pics to put in it, and c) I know NOTHING about motorcycles! So I got about 8 pages done, and I may give it to him like that even though it's not even finished. Ugh. I won a Harley kit at a class and I had to use it somehow, and he is the only person I know who has a Harley! So this was a hard one to do, but I did it.

And...that's it for now! Can't wait for my Archiver's class, but I gotta sign up for it first!

No comments: