Monday, March 17, 2008

Okie Dokie Smokie!

That's one of my favorite sayings...I couldn't think of a clever title, I'm so tired!
So we're super busy at work...John has gotten 7 listing since the end of February, so I've had a ton of advertising to do, along with my other duties, of course!
My colitis is almost gone, I still have to watch what I eat...I've definitely been drinking more water and eating more fiber, so that has been helping a lot. I can't really give too many details because it's GROSS, but if you must know, send me an email and I can educate you!
One of the most exciting things that's happened in the past few weeks is that we bought a GPS system for my car....for those of you who don't know, I have NO internal sense of direction whatsoever! I got lost in the city (southwest St. Louis, really, and then a bit north of there) and when I'm lost I get really nervous, my hands start to sweat, and I automatically have to pee! But I don't stop because I don't know what part I'm in, which makes it worse...and it's just a vicious cycle. Not to mention the wasting of gas that has become very expensive! So I talked David into letting me get one, and it worked perfectly yesterday morning when I used it for the first time and had to take a detour from U. City into the city and I wouldn't have known that I needed to go through the city and not around it, if not for "Genie"...that's her name. Not "GPS", but Genie.
I figured if I named her we could get along a bit better...because I'm not to up on technology either...but Genie is actually super easy to use. And Best Buy is having them on sale this week, so that will be a nice price adjustment for me! Now I won't have to get so flustered and nervous on my way to open houses on Sundays! Maybe I'll never get lost again!!!!

Another thing I am excited about is that I recently joined a new message board. I really enjoy it, everyone is super nice, and it's more cozy and "homey" than the one I previously spent my time on. It's safe and it feels good not to be a thread killer (who's with me???)
Seriously.

I was driving home the other day and started thinking about something, then thought, "oh, I'll write about that on my blog!"....but then I forgot what it was.
I probably got distracted by something I had to do for work.
Welcome to my life.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Enjoy your new GPS!!! I thought about getting one after we moved! Have a great week!!!

cutepumpkin!

Martha said...

Hi Jamis....I found the link to your blog from the message-board at www.allmomentsremembered.com
Yes, it is homey and sweet there!